Specs via Amazon Product Page:
- Made using the highest quality materials
- Tested for quality and durability
- The most trusted name in you cutlery needs
- Folding knife with full flat-ground blade made of high-carbon 8Cr13MoV stainless steel, with comet-shaped hole for fast and easy one-handed opening
- Cross-hatched jimping along spine creates nonslip grip where your thumb rests, for tactile resistance that ensures safe, accurate cutting
- Handle is made of G-10, an epoxy-filled laminate with weave-texture similar to cloth, which provides secure and steady grip when cutting, and resists chemicals, oil and temperature extremes
- 5.7-inch open length and 3.3-inch closed length; 2.4-inch 8Cr13MoV steel blade with 1.875-inch cutting edge, 0.4-inch hole, and 0.09-inch thickness; 2.4-ounce weight; G-10 handle material
- Includes limited manufacturer’s warranty; details included with purchase
Front of the box
Side of the box. Reads: byrd knife, Designed & Produced by Spyderco, Inc. Golden, CO, Made in China. Branding wise, here’s how I describe this knife, this is a Byrd knife by Spyderco or a Spyderco Byrd. This is a separate product lineup compared to straight up Spyderco Knives.
Back of the box. Reads: Ambidextrous one hand opening, Lanyard hole, Pocket clip, Designed by Spyderco Inc, 8Cr13MoV blade is high-tech Chrome/Moly/Vanadium stainless steel.
End of the box: Displays model number and name – BY10GP2 “Robin 2 G-10 P” as well as UPC – 716104401659. This is a second generation design.
Knife point left. 5.7″ stated open length.
Knife point right. Pocket clip.
Blade point left. Reads: byrd 8Cr13MoV. 2.4″ stated blade length, 1.875″ cutting edge.
Blade point right. Reads: China
Closed. Stated 3.3″ closed length & 2.4 ounce weight.
Closed, belt clip up. Lock back visible on bottom. Note that the belt clip is reconfigurable and can be moved into any orientation – right or left handed and tip up or tip down.
Close up of knife end
A top down look into the liner
Close up the G10 handle
Description from Spyderco (link below)
“Much of the byrd Knife Line is being upgraded through a process called C.Q.I. or constant quality improvement. As the line broadens, existing models are receiving upgraded enhancements such as improved ergonomics, four-way pocket clips and high performance full-flat ground blades.
The Robin 2 G-10 is refreshed with these new features. Its mid-size makes the Robin2 an easy knife to carry everyday in an office our outdoor environment. Its full-flat ground blade is high-carbon 8Cr13MoV stainless steel with a comet-shaped hole for one hand opening/closing. Jimping (crosshatching) dots the spine, making a textured section where the thumb rests, creating tactile resistance that restrains the folder from sliding and slipping when cutting.
The handle is made of a front and back G-10 scale set over a stainless liner. G-10 is an epoxy-filled laminate with a weave-texture similar to cloth. It provides secure and steady grip when cutting, resists chemicals, oil and temperature extremes. The welcome addition of a four-way clip offers the option of carrying the folder tip-up/tip-down or left-right-handed and a lanyard hole located at the back of the handle accommodates a secondary-retentive thong or cord.
Custom knifemaker David Boye’s dent feature is a half-moon-shaped snip of steel removed from the lock’s release lever as an added safety feature to the back-lock.”
Impressions: Compact, well built, economical knife. Suitable size for EDC.
Spyderco Byrd Robin2 Black G-10 PlainEdge Knife – via Amazon
byrd Robin 2 G-10 Handle – direct from Spyderco
Also Consider: Spyderco ParaMilitary 2 G-10 Plain Edge Knife
More: Recent Knife Finds
What’s popular right now? Amazon Best Sellers in Pocket Knifes & Folding Knives