From the Hiking Project: “REI Co-op Guide to National Parks is your comprehensive guide to hiking trails and gems in our National Parks. Complete descriptions, vertical profiles, family tips and much more. See your live location on the trail map – never get lost!”
The REI Co-op Guide to National Parks is available for both iOS/iPhone and Android. As of this posting, it’s free.
Connect with Gear Trails: Email, Twitter, Facebook and RSS
Recent Great Deals [view more]:
If you’ve ever had the pleasure of visiting Jack Stack BBQ, you’re probably familiar with their Cheesy Corn Bank. It’s pretty amazing.
Jack Stack used to make this recipe available on their website, that was years ago. From what I can gather, it has since been pulled down.
Here is the recipe. Credit goes to Jack Stack BBQ
Yield: 10-12 servings
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, cubed 1”
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup 2% Milk
- ½ tsp Garlic Salt
- ¼ lb Smoked Ham, diced ¼”
- 10 oz Kernel Corn, frozen
- In a four-quart sauce pan, over low heat, melt cream cheese, cheddar cheese, & 2% milk. Stir constantly to prevent scorching, until thickened, smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in garlic salt and remove from heat.
- Stir in corn and ham.
- Transfer mixture to a two-quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
Variation: I’ve also put this on the smoker instead of baking.
Also Consider: Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter | Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker via Amazon | Recent Outdoor Cooking Finds on Gear Trails
This is Gear Trails! We feature great deals on Outdoor Cooking gear and supplies and a whole lot more! Twitter | Facebook | Email Newsletter | RSS | What is Gear Trails?